Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Teething pains...

Well, Ella's on another of her "how many teeth can come in at once" phases. Right now she's got 2 that have broken through the skin a little bit, another 2 that are swelling up to break, and 2 more that might be coming in, but it's hard to tell amidst the chaos.

So, Ella's got a good bit of the "teething grumpies", and it's been messing with her sleep. On Sunday and Monday she woke up for the morning at 4:30am and 4am, respectively.

For the most part it's been settling down a little, but she's still having bursts of "I want this, no that, no, wait, I want to stand and sit, and lay down all at once..." interspersed with sessions of "I want to sit on your lap and have you to read to me for 3 hours straight" and "I want you to walk me around the house in laps for 3 hours straight".

Fortunately, it's not really quite as bad as it sounds, but it's certainly bad enough that I feel sorry for my poor wife who has to try to keep her active and happy all day. (dear, you're the best!)

1 comment:

Karla said...

Thank you, dear. It is nice to have my trials and tribulations acknowledged in a public forum.
At least she like to get lots of hugs now. They more than make up for dealing with the grumps.